Maestro rr2-Demonic-ish sound output from Bluetooth calls and issue with oem vehicle settings

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
gilcontr
New User

Maestro rr2-Demonic-ish sound output from Bluetooth calls and issue with oem vehicle settings

Post by gilcontr »

Good morning,

I am having some small issues with my pioneer wt8600nex in a 2019 Toyota Highlander. On one of these, I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with the Maestro or to2 harness.

This issue is specific to calls through the headunit: when making or receiving a call, the person I am speaking with will sound like they have three or 4 other people speaking in unison with them. Other than that I don't know how else to describe it. Not sure if this has anything to do with the maestro. Or harness.

The other issue I'm having is with the Maestro displaying oem car settings. The stereo will show them as not accessible. They come up after I go to the Maestro settings and run a connections diagnostic. Is there any way to get them to show up without having to query the Maestro first?

Another issue I'm having is that the stereo will blink every 9 or 10 seconds sometimes flicker the screen off for a split second every 9 or 10 seconds. Once it starts, it will not stop until power is cut. However, this one is also one of those issues that may not have to do with the maestro.

I updated the car firmware yesterday and it did not alleviate the Bluetooth call audio issue or the oem settings availability . I'm hoping it fixed the blinking, though. Thank you!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro rr2-Demonic-ish sound output from Bluetooth calls and issue with oem vehicle settings

Post by Dara DeGrand »

You may have a defective radio. All of that behavior sounds pretty bizarre and not normal. If you want to test something, unplug the RR's data cable from the RR. If all these issues (except the vehicle info, which won't be accessible with the data cable disconnected) continue, exchange your radio under warranty through the dealer where you purchased it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Markdizle
New User

Re: Maestro rr2-Demonic-ish sound output from Bluetooth calls and issue with oem vehicle settings

Post by Markdizle »

gilcontr wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 am
Good morning,

I am having some small issues with my pioneer wt8600nex in a 2019 Toyota Highlander. On one of these, I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with the Maestro or to2 harness.

This issue is specific to calls through the headunit: when making or receiving a call, the person I am speaking with will sound like they have three or 4 other people speaking in unison with them. Other than that I don't know how else to describe it. Not sure if this has anything to do with the maestro. Or harness.

The other issue I'm having is with the Maestro displaying oem car settings. The stereo will show them as not accessible. They come up after I go to the Maestro settings and run a connections diagnostic. Is there any way to get them to show up without having to query the Maestro first?

Another issue I'm having is that the stereo will blink every 9 or 10 seconds sometimes flicker the screen off for a split second every 9 or 10 seconds. Once it starts, it will not stop until power is cut. However, this one is also one of those issues that may not have to do with the maestro.

I updated the car firmware yesterday and it did not alleviate the Bluetooth call audio issue or the oem settings availability . I'm hoping it fixed the blinking, though. Thank you!

I have the same poor sound with phone calls and Siri. Unfortunately I think it’s the Pioneer, I haven’t found a fix as of yet. Many others are reporting the same issues.

Return to “Toyota”