2019 sentra bluetooth module location

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
edge9001
New User

2019 sentra bluetooth module location

Post by edge9001 »

My current installation has two issues. 1 when the device is connected my radio produces no volume at all. and 2 the steering wheel controls don't work.
I have an incomplete installation and here is why.
I have the radio wires connected to the device as instructed, however My installation instructions say to disconnect he bluetooth module and bypass specific wires at the bluetooth module in order for the Maestro SW to work. However it says in a 2019 sentra, the bluetooth module is behind the glovebox. I removed the glove box and the only thing I found was the passenger airbag system behind the cavity and above the glovebox. but there is nothing behind the glove box.

Where is the bluetooth module and what does it actually look like in a 2019 Nissan Sentra S?

I am hoping finding this and finishing the installation directions will this will solve my current issues.
If it works its not stupid, but that still doesn't mean its a good idea.

Chris LaRoche

Re: 2019 sentra bluetooth module location

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Google shows this to be the tuner for the 18-19 Sentra. Couple external antenna connections and the 32 pin plug we describe in the MSW guide.

At the radio harness, were pins 5/15/16 present in the 20 pin plug?
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

edge9001
New User

Post by edge9001 »

yes the pins were present and i spliced into the wires.on the car side of the plug as shown in the instructions connecting the SW device.

where is this bluetooth module located in the 2019 sentra? its not behind the glove box as the instructions describe.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Some newer nissans don't have an external bluetooth module; it is more common in these years that it is built into the radio. If you can't find it, that's a possibility. Can you post pictures of the connections you made for the SW wires so we can see what you've got going on?

Thanks,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

edge9001
New User

Post by edge9001 »

image is in this link. I can't get the image attachments to work correctly in HTML
https://untrustworthy-areas.000webhosta ... index.html

phpBB [video]
Last edited by edge9001 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The link to your photo doesn't work. It gives this error:

{"result":{"success":false,"error":"You are not logged in.","errorDetail":{"type":"FileManager\\Exceptions\\AuthException","code":0}}}
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

edge9001
New User

Post by edge9001 »

I edited the link. Sorry about that. since i am unable to attach images I posted it to a free webserver.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

In watching your video/looking at the photos, it appears you have wired the SWI 1/2 and feed wires into speaker wires of the vehicle. Our connector count is from the face of the plug. When I count that way, pins 6/15/16 are actually empty in your vehicle.

What specific radio/sound setup is in the vehicle? It appears from the picture that the SW isn't going to work here, being that the resistance wires aren't present at the radio connector. Some of these cars utilize CAN communication for the steering wheel controls and the Maestro SW can't interface in these applications.
Chris LaRoche
MECP Master Installer

edge9001
New User

Post by edge9001 »

i have a 2019 sentra S so it only came with a base level system in place. no navigation and no bose system. only bluetooth and phone from the factory. I puirchased this because crutchfield.com swore up and down it would work in my car. is there a device that will work?

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Unfortunately with your vehicle having steering wheel controls done via CAN, we don't currently have a compatible solution.
Chris LaRoche
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Maestro SW”