TPMS System is Not Detected

craigbooth
New User

TPMS System is Not Detected

Post by craigbooth »

2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited Double Cab (non-JBL, but factory amp)
Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module
iDatalink HRN-RR-TO2 Factory Integration Adapter
Firmware: ADS-RR(SR)-TY02-DS Version: 02.07

I have run out of ideas. Everything works except for the tire pressure readings. All other OBD readings work fine. Even with my aftermarket wheels and tires the tire pressures used to display properly, but ceased to function at some point. I have flashed the firmware and pulled the head unit out to double-checked the wiring. I even dropped the truck off at my local dealership and paid $130 for them to verify the TPMS system is working properly. I also overinflated and deflated the tires to ensure the TPMS is working.

When I navighate to the TPMS settings on the stereo it reads "System is Not Detected." I originally thought the TPMS was broken, but I don't think that's the case. Any suggestions for other actions to take? Thanks.

Chris LaRoche

Re: TPMS System is Not Detected

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Hi,

What we will want to check is the harness version of your TO2. If it's v1.8 or higher AND your vehicle is a Tundra (in case someone else reads this afterwards), below is what you need to to correct the issue. You will need a 2000 ohm resistor. 1/8-1/4w is totally fine.

We need to splice this resistor into the red wire (accessory power) and the gray/red wire (to OBD2). If you remove the tape from the TO2 harness near the inline fuse holder (yellow wire), you can easily access the red and gray/red wires in one spot. Connect as shown below and insulate both sides with tape before taping the whole thing up for stress relief.

Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

craigbooth
New User

Post by craigbooth »

Thanks Chris. How can I tell which version my TO2 harness is? I have the box, but it doesn't seem to indicate. Also, can you please repost the picture from your reply? It's not showing up.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It is written on the white flag where the TO2 harness is bundled together.
Toyota resistor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “TO2 radio replacement solution”