2016 Focus - When reverse alarm goes off, volume is VERY loud

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Hocuspocusfocus
New User

2016 Focus - When reverse alarm goes off, volume is VERY loud

Post by Hocuspocusfocus »

Don't know if anyone else has this issue but here is what is happening to mine. When
Here is some information on what updates and steps I have currently taken.
1. DSR1 has latest DSRA Firmware - 1.9.4.0
2. DSR1 was updated in the following manner - Rockford firmware first, then ble firmware, then I used the recommended firmware for 2016 ford focus.
3. If I use the recommended update for maestro side for 2016 ford focus, I get loud audio levels when I place vehicle in reverse BEFORE the sensors even detect an object. When I am done reversing and place back in drive, it also gets loud audio level before settling down to normal audio level. Also with this firmware, I can't change the volume of chimes using mentioned method of turning radio off, leaving car on and forcing it to use chimes of some sort.
4. I used the firmware that was made for another user in this forum with a Ford Escape called DS-DC_RF-FD2-TestFlorin 2.4. This made a significant improvement. I can now lower warnings and chimes with this firmware. With this firmware, NOW it does NOT get loud audio levels when I place vehicle in reverse BEFORE the sensors even detect an object. However when vehicle is in reverse mode, as soon as the sensor DOES detect an object, the initial audio warning blasts at a real high volume. After the initial first reverse audio warning, it goes to the audio level that I have set it at, which is set it to the lowest possible volume for reverse audio warning (if I could, I would disable the reverse warnings because I can see via camera system). Also when I am done reversing and place back in drive, it does NOT get loud when returning to music.

It seems to me that maestro firmware affects the volume level of reverse sensors as the firmware made for testflorin for an escape actually works better than the firmware that is made for the ford focus when using maestro updater.
It would be great if maestro could maybe figure out how to completely silence the reverse sensors on bumper to begin with, seems like they were able to partially fix it with this escape firmware.

As a side note, cross traffic alert chime/audio levels work great and have never been an issue. This is a different feature than reverse sensor in a vehicle that works differently.

Link to video that demonstrates the reverse sensor issue:

https://youtu.be/V8anuuZh-yM

Return to “Maestro DSR1”