Maestro RR extension harness

jparson
New User

Maestro RR extension harness

Post by jparson »

I am installing the Maestro RR in a 2010 Explorer and the space behind the head unit is very tight. I would like to relocate the RR unit to the side of the glove box where there is a convenient access panel. Is there an extension kit that would connect the 4 connectors from the HRN-RR-FO1 and the datalink cable and audio cable from the head unit to the relocated RR unit? 1 meter would be fine. Or do I need to create one myself?

Thanks, Jason

Chris LaRoche

Re: Maestro RR extension harness

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Hi Jason,

The RR doesn't have an available extension harness to relocate it from the radio cavity.

Thanks!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

jparson
New User

Post by jparson »

Follow up question. Can you clarify if I need to connect the red/pink SWI2 wire. I have 2010 Explorer that came with Sync and Factory Navigation and am trying to retain the Sync functions. The instructions are not quite clear. They say skip step 2 and go to step 3 if you have navigation radios but the wiring diagram says to make that connection only if you have sync. The head unit I am installing is an Alpine X308U.

Thanks,

Jason

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

If you have OEM Navigation, you skip that step. The wire is already connected for you in the radio cavity in your vehicle, so there is no need to connect it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”