DSR1 in 2016 Mustang after changing headunit to a Maestro RR

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Cathul
New User

DSR1 in 2016 Mustang after changing headunit to a Maestro RR

Post by Cathul »

Dear Support,

as written the other thread in the RR section i changed the headunit in my 2016 Mustang to a Maestro RR with a Kenwood.
As i have a DSR1, does this DSR1 work together with the RR, i.e. can i still put in the DSR1 into the car with the HRN-AR-FO3 harness and expect it to work like the Mustang still had the SYNC3 headunit? Right now i have my amps connected directly to the Kenwood.

Best regards,

Peter

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: DSR1 in 2016 Mustang after changing headunit to a Maestro RR

Post by Dara DeGrand »

We don't test the products this way because that is not their intended use. The DSR1/aFO3 solution is designed for when you want to keep the OEM radio. Once you put in an aftermarket radio, the output from it is going to be different than the OEM radio, so it would be weird to try to keep the DSR1 running like the OEM radio was still installed. At that point, it would make the most sense to use the DSR1 as a DSP in standalone mode.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Cathul
New User

Post by Cathul »

So the RR is does not adapt the output of the Radio (signal and remote turn-on) if you keep the factory amplifier?
Because that was my idea... flash the RR to keep the factory amp, connect the RR harness signal lines to the RCA outputs of the radio and the DSR1 to the original connectors in the drivers kickpanel.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

In theory, it should work that way. Should. We did not test it like this, though, because the vehicle specific solutions are intended to be used one at a time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”