08 Silverado Satellite noise

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
socobandit
New User

08 Silverado Satellite noise

Post by socobandit »

Hi...i recently installed the maestro rr with the gm5 kit. using a kenwood dnx893s for the head unit. as expected, everything works great, except for the alternator noise, engine running, only on satellite with the factory tuner. I've seen previous posts about it being a hardware issue, but since I just picked up this radio used, I doubt there's any warranty. I've contacted kenwood with no response. Does anyone know another fix, or what they actually change inside the radio to eliminate the noise?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 08 Silverado Satellite noise

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It is absolutely a hardware issue. It only occurred in models that end in 3S. They must change out the iDatalink audio input (the original version was built in a way that introduced noise).
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

socobandit
New User

Post by socobandit »

decided to make absolutely sure it was internal...unplugged the idatalink audio cable, noise was still there. guess i'll call them since they're unresponsive to email. thank you

socobandit
New User

Post by socobandit »

just got off the phone with them, they longer perform whatever the repair was at all. basically told me to possibly purchase a different unit. i wish someone knew what exactly they did to fix it, i'd give it a try

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

I haven't seen them do a repair firsthand so I can't tell you much more than what I've already said.

The other option would be to just use an aftermarket satellite tuner. That plugs into a different place on the radio, so you wouldn't have the noise. It's MUCH cheaper than a new radio, and the newer tuners can do more than your OEM one does, like show album art. Something to consider.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”