2008 Audi TT with Bose

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
VW Kevin G
New User

2008 Audi TT with Bose

Post by VW Kevin G »

I learned about your product on Crutchfield's website although they don't sell the specific item I am inquiring about on their site. So I am just clarifying if this will work for me.
I am installing a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX. I will be bypassing the Bose amplifier and using an aftermarket amplifier.
I was looking at the two products you have listed for this application, the RR and the RR2 (although I don't see what the difference is between the two, please explain)
Is this product all I will need to install this head unit into the car and allow full functionality minus the factory amplifier? Will I need an antenna adapter?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2008 Audi TT with Bose

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The Maestro RR2 offers the same retention and exclusive screens as the Maestro RR,while adding support for additional vehicles and enabling Bluetooth programming directly from your IOS and Android mobile device. We are still developing the bluetooth flashing apps, so this feature is not available yet. It also has programmable outputs that can be triggered by certain events in the vehicle (ex: turn signals, key positions, gear positions, etc).

You would need the RR or RR2, VW1 harness, a dash kit (if applicable) and antenna adapter. The last two parts are not made by us, so you would source them from a third party.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”