Maestro RR - Sony XAV-AX210

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
jbuck954@gmail.com
New User

Maestro RR - Sony XAV-AX210

Post by jbuck954@gmail.com »

I have installed a Maestro RR in a 2012 Camaro in addition to a PAC 4102 kit. I use the PAC module for the SW controls, but have connected the Maestro RR to retain vehicle information.
For the Maestro module, I have connected the power cable, ALDL harness, and 2 iDatalink wires that connect directly to the Sony XAV-AX210. I have confirmed that I have at least 12V power supply to the Maestro. I receive input to the headunit only when I cycle power to the Maestro module, and it only lasts for a few seconds before the additional iDatalink info disappears from the Sony head unit.

Any suggestions.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR - Sony XAV-AX210

Post by billr »

I take it you are not using our CAM1 dash kit?
If you are not using the dash kit you will have to flash the RR as a different vehicle, i recommend flashing it as a 2010 Nissan Frontier. This way all we will provide is Gauges that will show up on the radio. You will have to follow the wiring diagram in the Nissan Frontier guide; basically connect the two wires at the OBD2 connector, connect up constant power, ground, accessory (make sure you use the right wire for accessory, follow the guide), and connect the data cable to the Sony radio.

jbuck954@gmail.com
New User

Post by jbuck954@gmail.com »

Thank you, billr.
I am not using the CAM1 dash kit. I am utilizing the PAC-1402 dash kit, but I am interested in retaining the info provided by the Maestro via the ALDL.
You mentioned the Nissan Frontier build to show gauges. Would this also show climate control statues, etc?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

No. If you want climate controls to show on the radio, you must use the CAM1.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”