2012 Gti w/ Alpine Halo 9 ILX-F309

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
owilliams
New User

2012 Gti w/ Alpine Halo 9 ILX-F309

Post by owilliams »

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with the install I just did on my 2012 Gti.

I dont know if it is of any consequence but according to your radio wire reference chart the "foot brake" wire on your harness is yellow/black and should be connected to the yellow/black wire on the Alpine harness. However there is no yellow/black wire on the alpine harness, in fact there are no unused wires on the Alpine harness.

Of more concern to me is that I now have on my instrument cluster a yellow steering wheel icon that was not there before. Also my ESC light is permanently on indicating that my ESC is shut off and the button in the center console does not work. Any idea on what might be causing this?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank You.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Gti w/ Alpine Halo 9 ILX-F309

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Old Alpines had the foot brake, some of the newer ones do not. That's nothing to worry about.

Try disconnecting the OBD2 port, driving a bit, and see if the light turns off. In some cases, the pins in the OBD2 plug don't make very solid contact with the vehicle and this can cause lights to come up on the dash. If this is the case in your situation, i recommend hardwiring the OBD2 wires to the vehicle.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

owilliams
New User

Re: 2012 Gti w/ Alpine Halo 9 ILX-F309

Post by owilliams »

I will give it try. Thank You

Return to “Volkswagen”