Pioneer Bluetooth "No Service" and which mic to use?

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
NickDanger
New User

Pioneer Bluetooth "No Service" and which mic to use?

Post by NickDanger »

After speaking with Chris in Tech support, he guided me into getting my RR flashed properly and connected. I figured it was something simple I was not doing. Anyway, I got my Pioneer AVH-2550NEX powered on and there is a message reading "NO SERVICE" for the Bluetooth function. The Bluetooth icon is grayed out in settings. I have done a bit of reading on the inter webs and am at a loss on what to do. One suggestion was to connect the long light green parking brake wire from the Pioneer head out to a ground anywhere in the vehicle. I touched the light green wire from the head to the rim of a cigarette lighter plug and the Bluetooth icon as wells a number of other features were no longer grayed out. I assumed that since the K150 wiring harness had a light green wire and the wiring instructions for the harness actually listed the light green wire as the parking brake wire, I connected the Pioneer's light green wire to the K150 wiring harness light green wire. I figured it was supposed to marry up and the corresponding wire in the F150's wiring harness and it would take the parking brake wire to its proper place. Anyway...how do I fix this if this is an RR issue? Bluetooth was one of the main reasons for a stereo upgrade in my 2014 F150. Help!!!! Also...should I use the mic included with the Pioneer or the on board factory mic to make hands free phone calls, voice commands etc? Chris directed me to NOT include SYNC functions when I flashed the RR unit so I would think if I installed the Pioneer mic, it would be pointless? I'm a bit confused on that one.

NickDanger
New User

Re: Pioneer Bluetooth "No Service" and which mic to use?

Post by NickDanger »

So...one lesson learned...I feel like the only person on the planet who did NOT know this...at least with a Pioneer stereo, in order to pair a phone (or other Bluetooth device) the vehicle MUST be in park with the parking brake engaged. Once a device is paired the Bluetooth recognizes that device. Other features of the Ford/RR/stereo combination can only be accessed when the parking brake is engaged. I don’t think I will be bothered enough by this “safety” feature to get a parking brake bypass. I think it was Josh in tech support who held my hand on that issue.

Now, the microphone issue is still heathers and I forgot to ask Josh while on the phone. I’m gonna do some experiments before I contact tech support again.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

That is pretty common Pioneer. Some settings are locked out unless you have the brake on for safety purposes. You'll need to use the Pioneer microphone if you're doing away with Sync and pairing to the Pioneer.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

NickDanger
New User

Post by NickDanger »

But I will still be able to activate Siri by pushing the button on the steering wheel right?!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

That's what you programmed the button to do, so that's what it will do. :-)
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”