aCH2 and aEXT4 confusion

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Oneilln
New User

aCH2 and aEXT4 confusion

Post by Oneilln »

I need to buy the extension since my factory amp connections are under the dash and the DSR1 and new amps will be located in the back. I got the extension today and the wiring is confusing me between the two. From one of the aCH2 connectors there’s 5 wires going into the connector and on the aEXT4 connection part it connects to 13 wires. On the second connector with more wires, There’s 4 blue wires and on the other end there’s only 1 blue wire and 2 orange wires when there’s no orange wires on the aCH2. Then on the end of the extension where it plugs into the dar1, there’s a separate unlabeled blue wire and an unlabeled blue wire 2pin connector that the aCH2 doesn’t have. What I’m saying is the aEXT4 has several more wires coming out than the aCH2 has going in. Nothing is labeled, no directions, no clear explanation of anything at all. What is going on with this? I would send pictures but this forum isn’t giving me that option on my phone to include an image.Image

Oneilln
New User

Re: aCH2 and aEXT4 confusion

Post by Oneilln »

Yea I didn’t think I was going to get an answer with how confusing that post probably was. I guess since everything plugs into one another, I’ll ignore all the extra wiring and colors not matching. But what about the unlabeled blue wire with a bullet type crimp connector at the end of the aEXT4? Is that now the amp remote turn on wire? If so does that replace the blue amp remote wire on the t-harness and I just leave that one alone not connected to anything?

Return to “Maestro DSR1”