Maestro RR Integration with Idatalink Remote Starter

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Mark7
New User

Maestro RR Integration with Idatalink Remote Starter

Post by Mark7 »

Before I run back to the company that installed my Idatalink remote starter for yet another troubleshooting trip (at least 6 times now) is it possible that the addition of the Maestro RR could have messed up the programming on my Idatalink remote starter system?

I am again having trouble with the vehicle quitting when I open a door after using the starter to keep the engine running without the key in the ignition, and now it has learned a new trick by not allowing the factory key fob to lock and unlock the vehicle when it is running in this mode. It always worked fine with the factory key fob before the Maestro install.

Some of this has been a consistent problem... the starting unit has been reprogrammed a number of times and replaced twice. It is getting old and is 1/2 way though the warranty period.

When I call them to schedule a new appointment I don't want them telling me the Maestro RR has affected my remote starter.

The vehicle is a 2014 Ram truck, Cummins engine.

FYI... I have installed dozens of head units in my lifetime and quite a few remote start systems when they were difficult to wire (not plug and play). I hired this job out because I am getting too old to work under dash boards, but I am starting to wish I had gone a different route!

Please advise.
Mark

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR Integration with Idatalink Remote Starter

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Here's a test: Remove the fuse for the radio in the truck and see if the keyless entry and remote start continue to act up, or if they work normally. Unfortunately, the schematic does not give me a fuse number, but it is a 20A fuse, likely labeled 'radio', at the fuse box inside the truck.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Mark7
New User

Post by Mark7 »

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 am
Here's a test: Remove the fuse for the radio in the truck and see if the keyless entry and remote start continue to act up, or if they work normally. Unfortunately, the schematic does not give me a fuse number, but it is a 20A fuse, likely labeled 'radio', at the fuse box inside the truck.
No change with fuse removed Dara... Last night I noticed that the parking lights are flashing (no pattern) with the vehicle running under the command of the datalink remote starter again, so this must be an issue with that unit.

I will call the dealer and schedule an appointment again. This will be at least the 3rd time it has been replaced for various issues. The T harness and the remote start unit itself have been replaced on at least 2 occasions.

Since I am not an authorized installer I do not have access to that area of the this forum to troubleshoot, but it is becoming obvious that the installing dealer has no clue as to what the issue is.I assume he has been in contact with your support people, but something is being missed.

I have been willing to work with my installer to work this out, but every time I go in there it is an hour of my time waiting for them to do whatever they do back there and it is growing old. I think I may ask that they remove the unit and refund my money at this point.

In the mean time, I am willing to work with your tech people and my installer if I can see an end to these issues. I can provide you their name (they are a very reputable company in my town) via private message if you desire so that something can be done to work this out if someone at Idatalink reaches out to me.

By the way... The Maestro seems to be working flawlessly!

Thanks,

Mark
Last edited by Mark7 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

If you removed power to the maestro and the issue persists, then it's not likely related to the maestro. I just wanted to remove it from the equation to try to rule it out. That said, our remote starter tech support guys are awesome. I highly recommend making sure the shop contacts them so they can help resolve this for you. Any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”