2017 Tundra Microphone and screen Mirroring

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
johnqpublic
New User

2017 Tundra Microphone and screen Mirroring

Post by johnqpublic »

1)
I have installed a Kenwood DDX9906xr with the Maestro RR. I did not install Kenwood's microphone as I expected the factory microphone to work with the new install. When I receive calls no one can hear me and when I use talk to text it doesn't detect anything. Any help or guidance?

2)
when I attempt to use screen mirroring the head unit states that I must open the screen mirroring section of my phone and select the DDX9906XR however it doesn't show up in the list of options. From my garage it is detecting both Apple TVs in my home but not the receiver. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any help
Johnny Q

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2017 Tundra Microphone and screen Mirroring

Post by Dara DeGrand »

1) We are not able to retain the OEM microphone in this solution. In any vehicle, if you choose to use the aftermarket radio's bluetooth, you need their microphone. (When the kenwood's bluetooth is being used, it looks for your voice on the mic input of the radio. If there is no mic, it can't hear you.)

2) This is definitely a question for Kenwood- I don't know offhand what could cause this, but they should know.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”