OBD2 and steering wheel functions absent

swiftshawn
New User

OBD2 and steering wheel functions absent

Post by swiftshawn »

Hello, I have installed a Maestro RR with CH1 radio replacement harness into my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with Pioneer 4000NEX. I have set up to delete Uconnect as well.(Should I physically remove the Uconnect box, I only unplugged the USB to use the stock line going into center console) The problem I am seeing is I have no steering wheel controls working and the "my vehicle" on the Pioneer is not lit up so no OBD2 functions.
I did not splice into the OBD2, just using the included plug. Looked over all connections but don't see any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: OBD2 and steering wheel functions absent

Post by Zack Flynn »

Unfortunately you will not get any gauge display on that radio. It wasn't until the 4200 series that the gauges were supported by pioneer. As far as the steering wheel controls not working, what is the LED on the RR doing when everything is powered up?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

swiftshawn
New User

Post by swiftshawn »

So, I just checked and its blinking twice. Checked the connection between radio and RR, its plugged in good.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn »

Power up the radio and go into the setting menu.Somewhere in there you will find the electronic serial number or product ID. Chances are it is different than what is on the sticker of the radio and what it was flashed with. Reflash the RR with that serial number, as it is the one we have to match up with when connected
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Ken727
New User

Post by Ken727 »

I am having the exact same issue but I have checked the radio (Alpine INE-W977HD and the serial number I flashed with is the number shown in the radio settings (and on the radio sticker, FWIW). Still getting red light flashing twice despite good connection. Do I have a faulty unit or what?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Ken727 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm
I am having the exact same issue but I have checked the radio (Alpine INE-W977HD and the serial number I flashed with is the number shown in the radio settings (and on the radio sticker, FWIW). Still getting red light flashing twice despite good connection. Do I have a faulty unit or what?
What vehicle do you have? Is the radio turning on?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “CH1 radio replacement solution”