Alpine ILX F309 issue with latest firmware

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
nacholaw
New User

Alpine ILX F309 issue with latest firmware

Post by nacholaw »

So I recently decided to update my Maestro RR Firmware to the latest version, and now my Alpine ILX F309 won't even start. The Maestro module flashes twice rapidly when I connect it to the CH3 harness as if it was flashed for the wrong unit, or does not recognize the serial number. I literally copied everything I had from the previous flashes, albeit the serial numbers on the ILX F309 start with an M and have 11 digits, as compared to the others that start with either an S or B and only have 9 digits. Before I was using the last ten digits of what's on top of the serial number instead...

Thanks for the help!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: Alpine ILX F309 issue with latest firmware

Post by Zack Flynn »

I see a ton of failed and canceled flashes on your account history. I would highly recommend reflashing the RR with a different vehicle make and model to wipe the existing firmware off completely (like a 2007 Chevy Tahoe) and then back to your Ram after that. The serial numbers for the F309 is the one you entered already, that starts with 'R'.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

nacholaw
New User

Post by nacholaw »

Thanks Zack! I will do that... How do you know they are canceled? I only unplug the units after it says that the flashing was completed. I might be doing something wrong then if you are saying them as canceled.

nacholaw
New User

Post by nacholaw »

Zack, I followed your recommendation this morning and unfortunately, the MaestroRR still flashes twice and my Alpine unit does not even turn on. As previously mentioned, everything was working fine prior to the update. Thanks!!

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

nacholaw wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am
Zack, I followed your recommendation this morning and unfortunately, the MaestroRR still flashes twice and my Alpine unit does not even turn on. As previously mentioned, everything was working fine prior to the update. Thanks!!
Have you reinstalled the plastic insert between the screen and chassis of the radio? If not, it'll prevent the radio from powering up. If that piece has been reinstalled, can you confirm the red and yellow wires going to the radio have voltage with the key turned on?

The 2x red will happen if Maestro sees IGN turned on but the radio doesn't boot up, the 4 pin black data cable isn't connected, or the serial/model number is improper. It does look like your flash went through for both the 07 Chevy and back to your Ram, so that should be good to go there.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”