2013 Ford F150 XLT - Loss of Heat

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
sbanek
New User

2013 Ford F150 XLT - Loss of Heat

Post by sbanek »

I had a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX, Maestro K150 and the Maestro RR installed to replace my factory radio. The factory radio was the 4.2" Sync Radio. After a week of having the new radio installed I have lost the heat control in the K150. All the buttons still light up properly but I have no blower control at all. I have also noticed that the Radio is not reading the OBD information.

Need guidance on how to get the heat back working. I don't believe this was ever working on this system. Please help.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Ford F150 XLT - Loss of Heat

Post by Zack Flynn »

Best bet would be to check all your connections behind the radio and the kit to make sure nothing came disconnected. If everything is still plugged in, give us a call so we can go thru things real time with you to help get you going.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

sbanek
New User

Post by sbanek »

I will check it out tomorrow but as an FYI it went out on my way to work this morning. When I left work tonight it worked for a short period of time and only a few minutes it quit working. Was concerned maybe it didn't flash right since the car controls app in the pioneer radio was grayed out as well, unable to see any data from the OBD connection.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn »

The OE features grayed out on the radio seem connection related, Since I checked the flash you did on the vehicle and that went thru fine. It could be a cable not totally seated or even a bad cable if unplugging it and reconnecting both ends doesn't fix it for you.
Zack Flynn
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

sbanek
New User

Post by sbanek »

This issue got worse. Found out the data cable for the steering wheel controls were not installed so that had to be added. Once that was complete we had a complete PCM failure in the truck. It now won't start and only displays error codes on the dash. Not sure if the installer fried the PCM or it just failed. More to come but in a few weeks as the dealership is closed until April 13th. :(

sbanek
New User

Post by sbanek »

FYI not sure why yet but the Maestro RR has caused major network failure in my 2013 Ford F150. Ford Technician can't even scan the codes as the entire network has been destroyed. Caution the use of this product.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

The RR won't cause "major network failure", as CAN networks we interface are fault-tolerant. Simply removing the RR and going back stock, the truck would function as normal IF our module was causing your issue. We could guess back and forth, throw blame at a handful of things, but ultimately it's going to get us nowhere.

If you or your installer are able to return the vehicle to stock, validate you haven't blown any fuses, the OEM radio should work and my guess is you're going to have a truck that starts again. At that point, having your installer call in while going to reinstall the RR might prove beneficial in getting this up and running.

Thanks for your opinions!
Chris LaRoche
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”