Need help with Ford Sync

SuperDutySteve
New User

Need help with Ford Sync

Post by SuperDutySteve »

Hello,
I have a 2015 Ford Super Duty equipped with voice activated Sync, originally without navigation. I am using the Idata link with the FO1 harness, coupled to a Kenwood DDX396 radio.

Everything is connected correctly. The steering wheel controls for radio volume & seek work properly, but when you hit the voice button, the radio defaults to line in, no voice commands. The harness is connected properly, the module was flashed 3 different times and the radio was reset, all with the same result. When I flashed, the choice was with sync and it showed the voice button activating the commands on the web site. No red lights on the modual. My neighbor has the same truck and set up and his works as it should.

What am I doing wrong?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Need help with Ford Sync

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The radio going to 'line in' is totally normal. It switches to that source to allow the audio from sync to play over your speakers. If you can't hear sync, it is likely that the audio cable between the maestro and the radio is not installed, or is in the wrong port. Please ensure the all black, 3-pin to 3.5mm plug is in the iDatalink I/F audio port.

The other thing it could be is that the black 10-pin plug isn't seated well on the module (this is where the audio comes into the module from the truck).
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”