2014 FJ Cruiser Pioneer Install

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
mykee50
New User

2014 FJ Cruiser Pioneer Install

Post by mykee50 »

2014 FJ WO/JBL System
Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX Radio
ADS-MRR Interface Module
HRN-RR-TO1 Factory Integration Adapter

Hello, I have a slight wiring problem that probably has a simple answer. My factory radio has 5 wire loom connectors going to it. The TO1 only has 4 to connect to them. It doesn't have the smallest 5 wire connector with, Red, Black, White/gray, Black/White, Brown/Black?. Is this connector not a necessity with the new radio? If it IS required how do I connect it?

Thanks for any help you can throw a rookie 67 year old installer, Mike, Issaquah, WA

PS, Is there a way to show pictures on this forum?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 FJ Cruiser Pioneer Install

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Correct. This plug is not needed for an aftermarket radio to function, so there is not a harness for it.

You can host the images somewhere like photobucket or imgur and embed the image via html, or you can share the link to the images.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mykee50
New User

Post by mykee50 »

Thanks Dara, so I'll have to hook up the mic that came with the new head unit instead? Oh well, if it has to be done I'll do it.

Thanks gain, Mike

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Yes. The aftermarket microphone must be used in this application.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mykee50
New User

Post by mykee50 »

Hi Dara, just a couple more questions before I hook everything up.

1. The Pioneer head unit came 6' light green wire that says it goes to parking brake switch. The Maestro loom also has a light green wire. Do I connect the two light green wires or do they both run to the switch?

2. The Pioneer head unit has a 4-wire iData port on the back. Do I use that port with the supplied wire AND also the steering wheel wire with the blue plug?

There are way too many wires and plugs that I don't seem to need. We'll see I guess, LOL!

Thanks again for all of the help!!! Mike

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn »

In the FJ Cruiser we sometimes get the parking brake info from data and are able to provide the output to the new headunit on our light green wire, and some trim levels we dont. If you have the know how, you can attach the wire from the headunit right to the single wire that comes off the top of the parking brake switch and eliminate the possibility of it not coming to us thru data. Or you could try it (I would recommend leaving it full length for your test) and see if the parking brake wire from the RR goes to ground when you set the parking brake before making a permanent connection.

The black 4 pin port on the RR right next to the USB that you use to flash the unit is where you will connect our black 4 pin data cable. It will have the same port on the back of your new radio for the other end. The blue 4 pin connector is not used at all, and nothing should be connected to the W/R or wired remote port on the back of your new radio.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

mykee50
New User

Post by mykee50 »

Thanks Zack!

One last question, what does the yellow/blk "foot brake" wire connect to? There isn't a connection on the Pioneer loom for it. Do you run it back to the brake switch?

Thanks again, Mike

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr »

you will just tape it up. It's only used for a few Alpine radios and that's it.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Toyota”