2012 Outback Aux inputs

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
ssr
New User

2012 Outback Aux inputs

Post by ssr »

I'll be installing a Pioneer 4500NEX and the RR2 using an SU2 harness in a 2012 Outback (with HK, no nav) and I have a few questions.

1. The 4500NEX only has one aux in, but there's an aux from the SU2 harness and the aux from the RR2 itself. Should I use a Y-splitter (in reverse) to plug them both in or what?

2. Also, can someone tell me what pin the amp turn on wire is supposed to be on the SU2 harness so I can check if it's really the blue/white wire or actually solid blue?

3. Finally, it just occurred to me I didn't buy an antenna adapter — I guess I'll need to pick one up? (I haven't taken possession of the Outback yet, so I can't check right now.)

Thanks for any help or advice!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Outback Aux inputs

Post by Zack Flynn »

1: We do not create any audio from the RR for things retained in the vehicle on your application, so simply hook the 3.5mm jack from the SU2 harness to the AUX, not the audio cable that goes directly to the RR.

2: Amplifer turn on in our harness is blue/white, as it also is on your Pioneer radio. Simply tie those two wires together.

3: Not sure this is a question, but we do not make AM/FM antenna adapters if it is. You way want to check with another 3rd party manufacturer on that one.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

ssr
New User

Re: 2012 Outback Aux inputs

Post by ssr »

Thanks! Once I get it installed I'll post an update here in case anyone else wonders the same thing.

Return to “Subaru”