Gauge Availability

Patrikk
New User

Gauge Availability

Post by Patrikk »

I have a 2013 rav4. Maestro RR with the latest firmware. Ever since I have installed the Maestro RR, Almost all of the gauges have been available instantly, and without issue. RPM, Speed, Coolant Temp. Various Air temperature sensors. They Intialize fine. and the gauges never seem to have a connection issue . However, the Maestro RR for some reason has trouble with the Transmission Coolant temperature. Most of the time the RR has that greyed out. Occasionally, however, I have flashed the unit , and the RR recognized that gauge is available. I do not know why every other gauge is so readily /easily available, and that one defies detection. Is it a flashing issue? A firmware issue?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Gauge Availability

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It's hard to say- the gauges part of the firmware is the same in all applications, so it's doubtful that it's a firmware issue. What it boils down to is the information being available for that PID. If, for some reason, the information isn't there when we request it, it won't populate as an available gauge.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Patrikk
New User

Post by Patrikk »

I am not sure it's not a firmware issue. It is the only thing that has been changing.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Here's the answer from the engineer: In these vehicles, we do not have the ignition status on data. We activate the gauges with accessory, and during this time, we look for the OEM PIDs. If the ignition is off, transmission temperature wouldn't be reporting, and we would consider it not supported. This explains the inconsistent nature of this gauge. Long story short: If you turn the key to accessory, let the radio boot up, and then start the vehicle, the gauge will be grayed out. However, if you turn the key to IGN or start, it should populate.

The engineer is trying to find a way to patch this, but at least there is an explanation for the behavior.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Patrikk
New User

Post by Patrikk »

Thanks for getting back. I posted a part 2. probably in the wrong spot. i was looking for this thread, but couldnt find it. I'll recap again in case it helps. The gauge populates if I scan PID's when the OBD2 connection is set to "always On". Anything other OBD2 connection setting , it doesn"t. So I can get it working.

Thanks

Return to “TO2 radio replacement solution”