Maestro RR + SU1 - Gauges Screen says No Ignition

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
ZipZapZot
New User

Maestro RR + SU1 - Gauges Screen says No Ignition

Post by ZipZapZot »

Hi,
I have installed the SU1 to my existing Maestro RR and have an issue with the data being sent by the OBD cable to my Pioneer NEX-8200.

I believe I have it wired up correctly as everything else appears to be working correctly. However, when toggling to the gauges screen on my head unit, it says Ignition Off at the top of the screen when the engine is running.

If you can offer any suggestions to try, I would appreciate it.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR + SU1 - Gauges Screen says No Ignition

Post by billr »

When you say you added the SU1 to your "existing" RR, I'm gonna guess that you had it installed in your Subaru already? If you, did you reflash the RR?
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

ZipZapZot
New User

Post by ZipZapZot »

I originally pulled the RR module out to reprogram some of the functions but was required to update the unit to the latest version. Upon plugging it back in, I discovered that it was now required to use a Maestro harness. I originally bought the RR back in 2017 and it was not required at the time.

After buying the new SU-1 harness, reflashing the module once again, I reinstalled everything and it looked like it solved most of the issues except when launching a gauges screen on the Pioneer head unit, it is not reading any data through the OBD cable.

I have tried pulling off the OBD connection and reattaching it making sure I had a snug fit. Any suggestions on what to look for next?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Give us a call when you're in the vehicle- we likely need to manually select the platform to make these functions work. It requires going through quite a lot of menus, so it is MUCH quicker and easier over the phone.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”