2013 Sienna - smoking module

Smfriederich
New User

Re: 2013 Sienna - smoking module

Post by Smfriederich »

PM sent, thank you. To be clear, the yellow/black harness wire, previously unused and showing as foot brake, should be connected to the vehicles blue/yellow, which is the camera power? I can load the new firmware and test this weekend.

Thank you!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

That is correct. The new firmware moves the camera power to that wire. The firmware has been sent to your account. To get it, hit 'flash your module', then select 'flash by user firmware'. There will be a firmware in this section called "ADS-RR(SR)-TOY01-DS Test Camera Output on SD". Select it, proceed with the flash, and do the wiring modification i mentioned above. This should resolve the issue of the short/burning smell.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Smfriederich
New User

Post by Smfriederich »

Snipping the blue/yellow wire by the green harness has dropped the camera as expected. I am unable to get the camera power working, and could use some help figuring out my mistake.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ycx6WyTMrUU6G5sbA

You'll see the green harness photo showing what I cut. Another shows the vehicle camera wires where they are cut and spliced with the T01 harness. Then one with the blue/yellow and yellow/black wire I tried to splice together today, but that resulted in a burning smell as well. Lastly, one shows the harness connector that goes to the yellow camera RCA plug on one end, and to the vehicle camera wires on the other end. Do I need to connect the yellow/black wire here, before the connector?

To summarize, the vehicle camera power (red wire) currently goes to blue/yellow which is now cut by the green connector. I was trying to splice the cut blue/yellow with the yellow/black on the harness (which is currently unused), but that does not work. With the blue/yellow cut, I also tried leaving the yellow/black disconnected. In both scenarios, once I click the camera button on the Kenwood, there is a burning smell, this time from a wide harness on the other side (shown in the last photo). Perhaps this is the yellow/black the firmware switched power to?

I appreciate your help. I am frustrated, having sent hours trying to get my wife's sound system working. I'm hoping you see something in the photos that helps.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

I'm having a hard time seeing what you're trying to show me with the pictures of the yellow/black wire. The yellow/black wire should connect to the camera's power wire in the vehicle, in place of where the blue/yellow was connected. You can meter the yellow/black to ensure you have 5v on that wire, which you should with the firmware you're using.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Smfriederich
New User

Post by Smfriederich »

The picture of the yellow/black wire was just to confirm it's the right one. Going from that wider harness in the middle, up through bundle on the right, then ending in the wire on the left with the tape around it. That's the one I tried to connect to the blue/yellow wire which is connected to the vehicle camera power.I wanted to make sure that's the correct wire.

I will check for 5v this weekend with the yellow/black connected. Do you know if I can connect the yellow/black to the blue/yellow as shown in the picture of me holding those two? Otherwise I'll splice the yellow/black directly to the red/vehicle camera power, prior to the little connector with the blue/yellow wire that leads to the yellow RCA cable.

Perhaps most importantly, even with the yellow/black disconnected, and the blue/yellow cut, once I press the camera button on the head unit there is a burning smell coming from the module, from the wide harness with the black/yellow cable (again, disconnected for this test).

Thank you,
Seth

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The output is powered all the time when the vehicle is on, so you shouldn't be smelling it only when the camera is active. If there was still an issue, you should be smelling it all the time. However, if the module is still hot when you use it, even after the modification, I don't recommend leaving it in the vehicle.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Smfriederich
New User

Post by Smfriederich »

OK, I'll do further testing on that and confirm, maybe it was just coincidence on the timing. Will report back.

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”