17 focus st brake and turn signal buzzing

Group using the aFO2 firmware for vehicle equipped with Sony audio * see specific firmware for full feature list.
walterdailey73
New User

17 focus st brake and turn signal buzzing

Post by walterdailey73 »

Having issues with my dsr-1. I’m running a Rockford prime 600.5 amp with Memphis VIV components and a Memphis 1244 sub.
The issue is that when I step on the brake or use the turn signal I get a buzzing noise coming from the speakers and as soon as I let off it stops.. I relocated my ground wire within 7” of the amp and all wires are run separate of the power wire. When I switched the filter from high pass to low pass on the amp the noise disappeared. And I can clearly hear that the system is on with a high pitched hiss at all times and sometimes I get rev hissing as well. Any help would be great. I just flashed the dsr1 the other night with both Rockford and Idata. Rockford support said its and idata issue to come here. HELP

billr
ADS Team

Re: 17 focus st brake and turn signal buzzing

Post by billr »

Make sure that you keep the input switch on Low Level, that's where it should be anyway. you can unplug the rca's at the amp and see if the noise goes away. then reconnect them and unplug the rca's coming out the DSR1 and see if the noise goes away. you can also try moving the DSR1 around to see if that makes a difference.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

walterdailey73
New User

Post by walterdailey73 »

When I said about the low pass I was referring to the crossover switch on the amp, not the dsr1 it is and always was on low level that never changed. I also saw a post about a person on here that had the same issue.. and he said he grounded 4 wires to the chassis and it fixed the noise but I only see one ground wire and 3 others for the other set of rcas that come with the kit for high level input. So I’m gonna see if I can’t move some things around and see if that fixes the issue and if not then I’m gonna see about a better ground for the dsr1.

walterdailey73
New User

Post by walterdailey73 »

Also I had one other question, once I flashed my dsr 1 I set up The bass treble and mid range controls to mirror the bass mid range and treble controls so if I adjust it through the app, the crossover or the frequency all that. Am I still able to adjust treble bass and mid range on the head unit? I do have it set up that way from the flash, so can I use that or will it negate anything that I’ve already done on the app? can it be used as an enhancement is what I’m saying. Thank you

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr »

During the flash process if you selected the Bass control on the radio to control the bass, the Mid control to control the Mid, and the Treble to control the Treble then you still can make the eq adjustments in the app and when you adjust one of those 3 controls in the radio it will "enhance" the sound however it will not change the eq settings you have set in the app.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

walterdailey73
New User

Post by walterdailey73 »

Ok thank you bill. I am going to try and fix this issue on Friday I will keep you apprised if the situation thank you for the help!

Return to “Ford”