DNX995S OBD 2 error 1

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Wrnglr2018jk
New User

DNX995S OBD 2 error 1

Post by Wrnglr2018jk »

I've read a few forums about the disconnection errors and most are install issues. I bought my jeep used with radio / maestro installed. The gauge feature was working UNTIL i disconnected the OBD 2 connector - now i cant seem to figure out how to get the gauge feature to start working again. I haven't really tinkered with disconnecting the power because I dont have the original manual with codes to enter if the radio locks up.
1. Am i able to get the factory codes for the serial number of the radio somewhere?
2. How can i "reset" or "initialize" the system so the gauge feature works again?

I'm not a true techy so be gentle on the acronyms etc.... thank you

JKS

Chris LaRoche

Re: DNX995S OBD 2 error 1

Post by Chris LaRoche »

What kind of radio is installed? I'm not aware of any that have a factory code. Pioneer allows users to create a passcode on some of their units however.

Have you plugged the OBD2 back in and turned back on with no gauges still? If so, what I'd try is a module master reset. Depending on the radio, the menus will vary some to get there. But usually something along the lines of:

Settings>AV or OEM settings>Maestro Settings>Module Master Reset.

Knowing the specific radio would help to clarify that path for you.

Thanks!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Wrnglr2018jk
New User

Re: DNX995S OBD 2 error 1

Post by Wrnglr2018jk »

hey thanks! the radio is a Kenwood DNX995S.

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”