Maestro RR possible for 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited?

Group using the HK1 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Jaewilliam
New User

Maestro RR possible for 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited?

Post by Jaewilliam »

I purchased the RR and the suggested harness for 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited w/o amplifier for a new JVC KW-M750BT, only to find out from installer that the harness does not match due to factory amp & NAV system. I didn’t plan to retain use of NAV system (got new JVC for Apple Car Play for navigation), but not familiar with what all factory NAV involves as none of this is my area of expertise, obviously. Is there an idatalink harness or workaround for a 2011 Tucson with factory amplifier that would allow me to use the RR system - the data that it provides seems like such a positive that if there is any way to use it along with retaining steering wheel control, I want to use it. The installer said to return the RR and he could bypass amplifier and retain steering wheel control with another system, but I want to be sure it’s not possible to use RR before settling for a lesser setup. Any guidance (positive or negative) would be greatly appreciated!

Chris LaRoche

Re: Maestro RR possible for 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited?

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Unfortunately with the factory amplifier in these vehicles, we have no way to integrate. Factory nav = different harness as well, one we don't have available.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Jaewilliam
New User

Post by Jaewilliam »

Here’s my Hail Mary (can you tell I desperately want your product?!?! 🤷🏼‍♂️)

A) I am replacing the factory radio head with a JVC and will not be using a navigation system. Does that mean that integrating the factory NAV is irrelevant or does the factory NAV serve other purposes that make it necessary even without an in dash navigation capable system?

B) since there isn’t a harness to integrate the factory amplifier, would I be able to use your system if the installer bypassed the factory amp?

If both A and B are feasible (ignore the factory NAV and bypass the factory amp) could I use the RR with the approved harness for the idatalink capable aftermarket head and the 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited without Factory Amp (HRN-RR-HK01) if the installer understands the work-arounds?

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

If the vehicle had factory navigation and amplifier, it will not be compatible with our harness. Whether you're installing navigation or not is irrelevant.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Hyundai, Kia”