AVH-W4400NEX MFD Navigation Display

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
c4202k2
New User

AVH-W4400NEX MFD Navigation Display

Post by c4202k2 »

I recently read and noticed on the web page that new RR2 module would allow for the navigation to display in the MFD on a 2012 VW Passat with this Pioneer HU, which is something I’ve lost since swapping out the factory radio. So I went out and purchased the RR2 and replaced my original RR module. However I don’t see this information in the MFD after the swap. Is there something else I need to do to enable this functionality? I’ve read in the install docs for Kenwood’s that you need to disable the factory compass. Would this be true for the Pioneer as well?

Appreciate the help
Chris

c4202k2
New User

Re: AVH-W4400NEX MFD Navigation Display

Post by c4202k2 »

I removed the trunk lid lining and did not find the factory compass module. I’m guessing it was built into the RNS315 Nav unit I had previously. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn »

Unfortunately the only radios that will provide navigation info to the MFD in VWs are kenwood and JVC navigation radios, even with an RR2
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

c4202k2
New User

Post by c4202k2 »

If that is the case you should update your web page to indicate that. As it is currently when you select that radio and car it says navigation display under the MFD menu if retained features when you select the RR2. Kinda disappointed but hoping it will come some day.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn »

The information on the site is correct when selecting both the vehicle and radio you referenced. If for some reason it was not at the time you purchased your RR2, I apologize. The limitation is with the data provided to us by the radio, not our communication with the vehicle. So if it is something that could be fixed, it would have to be something done on Pioneer's end as we are already doing what you are after for Kenwood/JVC.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Volkswagen”