2018 Mustang DSR1 questions

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
witecap4u
New User

2018 Mustang DSR1 questions

Post by witecap4u »

I have installed the DSR1 using the F03 harness and have completely updated the unit before starting. I am running active front 2 way + sub to a Kappa K5 amp. Ch 1/2 to mid/tweeter and 5/6 to mid bass and 7/8 to the sub. Still on factory speakers at this point in the build but want to get things sorted here first.

I started using the 2 way front config but found that the backup sensors are played through the rear audio from the H/U so I switched to a front/rear/sub config and play the mid bass on the rear to pickup the chimes. After doing this, my bluetooth audio is left on the mid range/tweeter but the spectrum is lacking. Am I correct in that the BT audio is in the front audio stream and the backup chimes are in the rear audio stream from the factory stereo? Is there any other way to retain the backup chimes and have decent call audio?

2nd, I believe that the sub is supposed to be summed from all channels? In any config that I've used, when I fade to the right rear, I do not have any sub output. When faded to the left rear, I have sub output on both l/r channels of the dsr1. With my current config, I have to leave the balance/fader centered to have full range but would like to get this issue resolved. Is there anything I should check/try?

Cathul
New User

Re: 2018 Mustang DSR1 questions

Post by Cathul »

Yes, rear backup sensors are played through the rear channels only.
You have two possibilities to get your bluetooth back to a fully working condition (frequency wise):

- add a small 2-channel amp for rears and run rear fill with fader all the way to the front (backup chimes should still be played through the rear speakers. It did so with the stock system)
- get an OBD2 cable with MS- and HS-CAN support, Forscan and reprogram the chimes to be played through the IPC

I did the 2nd option and have no problems with the backup chimes anymore.

witecap4u
New User

Post by witecap4u »

Thanks Cathul, The IPC was my fallback plan. In the couple of days that I've been using this, the backup chimes are hit or miss if they work correctly or not anyway but I do like the sound when they work, they have a more integrated feel.

I currently have a 5 channel amp but will be adding a larger sub amp in the future, I wonder if the crossover on the amp will go high enough to catch the chimes and play them through a speaker....

witecap4u
New User

Post by witecap4u »

Any ideas on my 2nd issue? Should the sub be non-fading? I am currently only getting sub output when the left rear speaker is active via fader/balance on the head unit but the output is output to both l/r outputs.

Cathul
New User

Post by Cathul »

Sorry, no idea. Right now i'm using the DSR1 as integration device and global EQ.
My main DSP is a Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP DSP-amplifier, therefor the DSR is configured as front+sub where i run the front full range without any crossovers to the Mosconi. I have nothing connected to the sub output of the DSR1.

Return to “Maestro DSR1”