Dead Link and usability inquiery

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
Ace_boy2786
New User

Dead Link and usability inquiery

Post by Ace_boy2786 »

Hello, I just hooked up a Compustar CM5000 unit and the webupdater said there was an update for it, But wouldn't tell me what the new update was, Once it updated (I clicked the "update" icon hoping it would verify I wanted to update to X before it did it, which it didn't) it said it was now at v13 when I tried to click the link (https://images.idatalink.com/corporate/ ... r7-13).pdf) for the pdf file looking for the install manual (with option tables for the new version) all I get is IE crashing, and Firefox saying I have a bad connection which I don't, obviously I'm typing this up on the very PC.

Is there a way to see what the new updates are before actually installing them in Weblink? as for looking it up on the site to see, I don't see a way to search for "Compustar" it's only by vehicle, which is irrelevant... and I can't find the Compustar CM5000, CM6000, CM7000, or anything compustar anywhere in order to locate any manuals or firmware info.

In addition to looking for that I'd like to find out if idata can add the functionality of updating the OP500s too, I have one that, I think, is on V9 and would like to find a way to update it.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and up-to-date weblink 6.3.6

Murph
Site Admin

Re: Dead Link and usability inquiery

Post by Murph »

A CM5000 is a ten year old remote start. You need to contact compustar for any updates. 1.888.820.3690 ext. 203
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

Ace_boy2786
New User

Post by Ace_boy2786 »

Murph wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:50 pm
A CM5000 is a ten year old remote start. You need to contact compustar for any updates. 1.888.820.3690 ext. 203
as I'd mentioned above your site has already given/provided me the update through the weblink, However the pdf file is a broken link so i'm unable to compare any new settings/options to the old ones before the update happened (which I wasn't going to do in the first place).

Murph
Site Admin

Post by Murph »

Unfortunately, that unit is so out of date that that link is no longer supported. You would need to call Compustar.
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

Return to “Weblink Updater”