2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost base model -> Maestro?

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
RoyceHart
New User

2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost base model -> Maestro?

Post by RoyceHart »

I want to ask you about the wiring harness for the 2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, base model (4" display, 6-speaker, no amplifier).

I decided against getting the SYNC3, 8" touchscreen upgrade, as the dealership wanted $2500. The local stereo installer wants ~$3000 for an aftermarket solution. I've taken this as a personal challenge.

I've acquired an 8" control panel from a 2019/2020 Mustang (part #LR3T-18E245-FA) to swap out with the base model, and I plan to install a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX receiver in it. My main concern is connecting the steering wheel controls and enabling the rear camera, USB port(s) for CarPlay, etc.

Does the Maestro iDataLink KIT-MFT1, along with the RR Interface Module, provide a wiring harness that will allow everything to connect?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble. Best, Royce Hart
Royce Hart
https://RoyceHart.com
2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost (base model / 6 speaker system)

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost base model -> Maestro?

Post by billr »

Replied to your PM however for others wanting to know:
The MFT1 kit comes with the wire harness that would connect into the factory wiring harness that would be connected to the factory 8" screen. Since you are converting over the Mustang you may need some programming done through Ford or possibly using a FORSCAN tool yourself so the vehicle knows that you are using the upgraded radio.

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”