What exactly will the RR2 do for me in a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6?

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
SpeedieJoe
New User

What exactly will the RR2 do for me in a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6?

Post by SpeedieJoe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:25 pm

I'm a little confused on what all your RR2 product can do on the 2007 Mazdaspeed 6? You do list it as compatible, and have a cable for it. So, obviously you provide some functionality but I'm not really sure what.

As you know, on the stock dash, the radio is hooked into the A/C controls. The radio controls are on a piece that is removable. And upon first glance, one might think all you have to do is pull that radio control piece out and put your head unit there and there you go. But that's not how it works. Below the radio controls, there is a series of three buttons for the rear defrost, A/C and recirc. Below those three buttons are three larger round controls for fan speed, A/C mode (defrost, low, middle), and temp. Up on top, there is a display that shows temperature, radio station, and a few other things. If you remove the part that seems like it is just the radio, none of that stuff works anymore. Which is massively annoying. But it is what it is.

There is a dash kit by a competitor that replaces the three buttons and restores the lower three control's functionality and the upper display's functionality. So, my basic question is, what all along these lines does your product do? Does it operate the upper display? My guess is no. Does it provide control of the A/C, fan speed, temp, etc.? Hopefully yes. Will it utilize the stock round knobs? Or do those become obsolete?

You only list a couple of dash kits, and my car is not one that you list. I was wondering, if someone was willing to do custom fabrication and they bought, for example, the Camero dash kit, could those Camero buttons be integrated on another car? Or is there some sort of generic button bar of sorts one could use in regards to a custom build?

Thanks for any help!

billr
ADS Team

Re: What exactly will the RR2 do for me in a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6?

Post by billr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 am

in your car the Maestro RR2 will be very basic only retaining the steering wheel controls, provide vehicle information (like RPM's, oil temp, things like this only with a Maestro compatible radio), and offer 3 programmable outputs to control things like external light bars, extra cameras, and accessories like this.
We do nothing with the HVAC controls or any displays, you will still need to use anther companies dash kit to retain the use of them.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

SpeedieJoe
New User

Post by SpeedieJoe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Okay, thanks for the information. But then you really should not list it as a "radio replacement" option because the A/C controls are integrated with the radio.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm

The SW is listed as well, and it only does steering wheel control integration. Both are listed under the "radio replacement" project type as they are used in the overall replacement of the factory radio, and provide the functions listed on our site when the appropriate vehicle is selected. None of our module claim to do climate controls on that vehicle, but they will on some other applications. Sorry for the confusion.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”