2016 Patriot Issues.

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
pyrotaz68
New User

2016 Patriot Issues.

Post by pyrotaz68 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:53 pm

I purchased a Kenwood DNX575S and purchased the following with it. iDATALINK MAESTRO ADS-MRR + HRN-RR-CH1 + HRN-AV-CH1 and the appropriate antenna connections. I programmed it following the weblink desktop and it was green. Installed according to the directions and The radio will work. But all the following do not work gauges, backup camera, steering wheel controls, When installing I got a CAN error on the screen of the radio.

Another quick question:
Will this kit allow me to use the built in Bluetooth mics in the patriot or will I have to use the one that came with the radio?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Patriot Issues.

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:51 pm

The CAN error message on your radio is telling us that the small red 2 pin connector in the CH1 harness was not connected where the black one used to connect, like we show in step 3 of the installation guide. Simply fix that connection and power cycle the ignition and your problem should be fixed. As far as retaining the factory microphone, it can only be used with the factory uconnect system, not with anything related to the radio's bluetooth or voice controls, and that is dependent on which trim of factory radio you had in you Jeep. Most people install their aftermarket microphone and use the systems handled by the radio, to get the most out of the new radio.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

pyrotaz68
New User

Post by pyrotaz68 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am

Thank you Zach, That makes sense. Just got called into work but will switch when I get back, Another quick question. I have 2 connections that come out of the maestro and goes to the kenwood head unit. One plugs into the back where its states idatalink. The other on one has a headphone plug on it. Does this get plugged into the regular audio in jack , or the headphone idatalink jack.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:08 pm

The harness that is a 3 pin black connector on the Maestro RR end and a headphone jack on the other end will plug into the idatalink 3.5mm jack, right next to the 4 pin data cable on the back of the Kenwood radio
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”