Maestro RR - Two Red Flashes

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
FNE90
New User

Maestro RR - Two Red Flashes

Post by FNE90 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 pm

I am installing the Maestro RR with Alpine iLX-207. The Maestro RR shows two red flashes and from reading in the forums it looks like it is related to no communication with the radio (iLX-207). After reviewing the wiring and ensuring the data cable is connected from port H on the Maestro RR to the iDataLink I/F connector on the iLX-207, everything is starting to point to a problem with the flash of the Maestro RR.

I verified the serial number shown on the back of the radio is D81216476B and the Maestro RR accepts that S/N when it is used to flash but then it won't communicate with the radio (two red flashes). Also, everything I've found in this forum states that the last letter ("B") should be dropped and only use the first 9 (D81216476). When I try that modified serial number of D81216476 in "WebLink Desktop" updater, it returns "invalid serial number".

Can someone assist? At this point, I'm at a complete loss on what else to to try that might get the Maestro RR communicating with the radio. Thanks.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR - Two Red Flashes

Post by billr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:38 am

a couple things:
1) does the radio turn on when you turn the key on? And what vehicle is this installed in?
2) if the radio does come on, make sure the data cable is plugged into the Black 4 pin port next to the USB on the Maestro. I would unplug the data cable from the Alpine and plug it back in just to make sure it has a good connection.
3) With the radio on, go into the settings and look for the General tab. We want to go to the screen that shows the radio's software/firmware, we are looking for the serial number internally, it's possible that the s/n on the outside could be different than what's on the inside.
4) there could have been an issue with the flashing portion, once we know the vehicle that will help us determine that.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

FNE90
New User

Post by FNE90 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 pm

1) The radio does turn on when the key is turned on. The vehicle is a 2013 Chevy Silverado LT (no nav, non-Bose).
2) The data cable is plugged into the black 4 pin port next to the USB on the maestro.
3) The radio in its internal settings under the general tab shows "D81216476B" for the serial number.
4) It has been flashed twice and the only serial number accepted by the WebLink updater is the full ten-digit "D81216476B". But that then gives me the problem of the radio not talking to the Maestro module. Trying to use the truncated version that drops the last character and going with "D81216476" ends up not even accepted by the WebLink updater as a valid serial number.

I know in the iDataLink forums that there have been people in the past with this similar issue. It sounded like the answer was they had to wait for you (iDataLink) to work with the radio vendor (Kenwood in the example I found in your forums but Alpine for my radio) to validate the serial number and add it to your database to ensure it isn't flagged as "invalid" during flashing. Not 100% sure that is the problem here but all signs seem to point to a two red-flash error code for "no communication between the Maestro module and the Alpine ILX-207 radio". All of the forums mention the serial number for Alpine should start with R or B but mine is "D". Just wondering if my s/n belongs to a batch that iDataLink's WebLink updater does not yet know exists for Alpine radios?

It seems likely at this point that it's a question of getting the module flashed with a serial number that the WebLink updater will accept and that also matches the s/n engraved on the radio and shown in its internal settings?

Thanks for the help.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:37 am

the s/n you entered and was accepted is correct for that radio so that's not the issue. best bet is to call us so we can go over more testing procedures with you.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Weblink Updater”