2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
lospice1
New User

Re: 2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Post by lospice1 »

I'm having same issue in my 2010 toy sequoia w jbl. I have the rr and to1 harness. But now the screen on my pioneer avh 2440nex shows the rear view camera and I cannot get to the menu screen. It plays the radio that I can control with steering wheel but will not change modes nor answer bt phone calls despite my phone being connected to the pioneer.

Please advise on what to do!!! I purchased all of the components thru Crutchfield on 1/31/19, but did not install until 2/11/19. The problem with the audio loss started 3 months ago. Like the others, I would have to turn the car off to get the audio back. The locked backup screen just started today. I picked it up from my service shop and noticed that the reverse screen did not start when I put in reverse but could manually be seen. I went inside then started the car and the screen was locked to the rearview camera. I reflashed it 2 times and still have the same issue of being locked to rear camera and unable to change modes. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Will

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The OP has a different application- it uses a TO2 firmware and harness, where yours uses a TO1. The most common cause for what you are describing for your specific application would be intermittent connection the 2 pin white connector on the TO1 harness (with the green/red and green/yellow wires in it). The firmware portion was fixed back in October, so I would recommend that the 2 pin connector in the harness mentioned earlier be bypassed and the connections be soldered. This will ensure the connection on the wires we communicate with the amplifier is good.

Ensure you have nothing plugged into the radio's W/R port. If there is anything in there, the radio can act very strangely.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”