2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
matoolie
New User

2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Post by matoolie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 am

I am using an RR with latest firmware and TO2 harness. Headunit is a Kenwood DNR876S.
On just a few occasions I will lose all sound through all speakers. It has happened when listening to my two primary sources, XM and CarPlay. The source will still be playing, but there is no sound. The following do not fix the problem:
1. Adjusting volume
2. Changing to a different source
3. Turning headunit OFF and then back ON
4. Resetting the RR though the headunit

The only thing that works is to shut the vehicle off and restart it. Once this is done everything is back to normal. Very annoying on an interstate road trip.

Any thoughts?
Michael

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2014 4runner Limited with JBL - Infrequent Losing Audio at Random Times

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:46 pm

I have added a test firmware to your user account. Reconnect your RR to the computer and after detection, choose "flash by user firmware." Select the 2.7 version and then finish the rest of the flashing by selection your vehicle and radio. Let us know here if that resolves your issue, please.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

matoolie
New User

Post by matoolie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Zack,
Thanks for the firmware. I flashed it to mt RR and its up and running. I will be going on a roadtrip this weekend with more than 8 hours behind the wheel. I will let you know how it does.
Michael

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Great. Please do let us know how it goes. We will be updating the live firmware once we hear back from you.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

emsauda
New User

Post by emsauda » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:13 am

I’m having the same issue. 2016 4R Limited JBL. Is the fix in the publicly available 2.7 firmware?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:12 am

Yes, I believe this took care of it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

emsauda
New User

Post by emsauda » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm

I flashed the 2.7, as you suggested, and now the screen will start and, after about 30 seconds of operation, flashes “AMP Error.” It’s never done this before. Now unusable. Any suggestions?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:03 pm

I have sent the previous version you had to your user account, v2.6. You can reflash it with that by the flash by user firmware tab until we can get with our engineers and see what might cause that. Could you take a video of what is currently happening so they know where/when this message is popping up for you?
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

emsauda
New User

Post by emsauda » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Seems to happen regardless of what I’m doing. I soft reset the RR through the head unit earlier and will keep an eye on it tomorrow. I’ll shoot a video if it happens.

matoolie
New User

Post by matoolie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:08 am

Zack Flynn wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:46 pm
I have added a test firmware to your user account. Reconnect your RR to the computer and after detection, choose "flash by user firmware." Select the 2.7 version and then finish the rest of the flashing by selection your vehicle and radio. Let us know here if that resolves your issue, please.
matoolie wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi Zack,
Thanks for the firmware. I flashed it to mt RR and its up and running. I will be going on a roadtrip this weekend with more than 8 hours behind the wheel. I will let you know how it does.
@Zack Flynn........I returned from trip and I lost sound 1 time on my return leg. No issues on initial leg. Again the only way to reset was to turn vehicle off and then restart.
Michael

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 pm

emsauda wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm
I flashed the 2.7, as you suggested, and now the screen will start and, after about 30 seconds of operation, flashes “AMP Error.” It’s never done this before. Now unusable. Any suggestions?
Checking with our engineers, the message isnt something we generate. It might be in reference to the internal "amp" the radio uses for the speaker level outputs. You may want to check and make sure none of the speaker leads are touching anything. Isolate them and tape them off if they arent already.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:53 pm

matoolie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:08 am

@Zack Flynn........I returned from trip and I lost sound 1 time on my return leg. No issues on initial leg. Again the only way to reset was to turn vehicle off and then restart.
How long were you driving before the amp cut off? Anything that you can remember that happened at that same time come to mind, even something that might not seem related to the audio system?
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

matoolie
New User

Post by matoolie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Zack Flynn wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:53 pm
matoolie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:08 am

How long were you driving before the amp cut off? Anything that you can remember that happened at that same time come to mind, even something that might not seem related to the audio system?
I was driving down the road around 65mph. Listening to XM. Shut off about 1.5 hours into the drive. Waze was running through Apple Carplay through wired connection to my iphone. I am sorry I really do not recall anything else happening at that time.
Michael

matoolie
New User

Post by matoolie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:07 pm

Just FYI.....All my speakers are OEM.
Michael

matoolie
New User

Post by matoolie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Did it again today after 15 minutes of driving. Streaming music from my iPhone using wireless CarPlay. Nothing else was happening at the time it occurred. No buttons or controls were being touched. No notifications, messages, calls, etc incoming on iPhone.
Michael

Return to “Toyota”