F150 KIT-MFT1 and Maestro RR install problem

Big_E
New User

F150 KIT-MFT1 and Maestro RR install problem

Post by Big_E » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Hoping someone could provide some assistance. I'm having a couple issues with my install. Used the new KIT-MFT1 and Maestro RR on my 2015 F150 with 8" MFT system.

My center dash speaker is popping (only that one speaker) when volume level is set about 15. It's the only speaker I'm having a problem with.

I also have no OEM factory mic connection. When using the steering wheel voice / Siri programmed button (same one you have programmed in the video) it does nothing. Calls made while my phone is connected through Android auto or Bluetooth can not hear me. I'm using a Kenwood ddx9903s. Does the green connector to the RR have something to do with that? Does it connect to mic or idatalink I/f connector on back of stereo? Do I need to use the blue RR connector? They both have 3.5mm audio jack's on the ends.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: F150 KIT-MFT1 and Maestro RR install problem

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm

The OEM Sync microphone will not work with Android Auto/CarPlay (it will only work when using Sync). In order to use that system and have the caller hear you, you must use the supplied Kenwood microphone.

In the radio, under Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Vehicle Features > Vehicle Amplifier, what is the amplifier gain set to?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Big_E
New User

Post by Big_E » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

It does not give me an option for amplifier under OEM vehicle options. When I flashed the RR I did select Sony amplified system.

One more question, so I programmed the steering button for voice / Siri but it does nothing. Would this be because I don't have a mic plugged into the receiver?

I noticed on this video they got it working. https://youtu.be/dbDqYoWkfac

Also, what input do I plug the 3.5mm connector to? Idatalink I/f or remote in? I was calling it the green connector but I was remembering my install parts wrong.
Last edited by Big_E on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big_E
New User

Post by Big_E » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:48 pm

It does not give me an option for amplifier just lighting and keypad.

Return to “FO2 radio replacement solution”