2013 Suabru outback (with HK, NAV)

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
steveorocks
New User

2013 Suabru outback (with HK, NAV)

Post by steveorocks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello! I have a 2013 Subaru Outback, I installed an Alpine ilk-207 with the maestro data link. I have a couple problems:
1) the backup camera is slow to turn on when I go into reverse
2) I cant turn the backup camera on with the "on" button in the alpine interface.
3) It also seems that the quality of the camera is not as sharp as it was with the factory head unit.
4) in the gauges screen, The seat belt warning light goes on when the seat belt is on, seems to be backwards.

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks in advance!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Suabru outback (with HK, NAV)

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 am

1. Does the radio switch to the backup camera screen right away when you put the vehicle in reverse? A video of this occurring would be very helpful, as the problem description could be interpreted a few different ways.
2. This is normal. The output is not strong enough to power the camera all the time.
3. This isn't anything we control; We simply power the camera and it sends its image to the radio. If the camera is now going to a larger screen than what the OEM camera was originally displayed on, the resolution of the camera may not be high enough for the larger screen.
4. I will have to look into this one. Can you post a video of it occurring so the engineer can see what is happening?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”