2014 sportwagen tdi/nav install questions

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
mdbww
New User

2014 sportwagen tdi/nav install questions

Post by mdbww » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:19 am

g'day ladies n gents. just spent a couple hours installing a Kenwood dmx906s with an RR into a 2014 sportwagen tdi with nav (RNS315) and I have a few questions for y'all!

1. OEM backup camera.. anyone have a link to a good rgb to composite adapter?

2. Kenwood unit requires gps antenna unit to be plugged in for CarPlay to function. works fine with the supplied antenna, but thinking of purchasing the nav1 adapter to use the OEM antenna... anyone know if CarPlay will still work? or does it need to be the Kenwood antenna...

3. OEM microphone integration (RR programmed without selecting bluetooth due to RNS315). since the RNS315 has a built in bluetooth module, the OEM mic must be coming to the factory harness right? anyone figure out a way to wire up the factory mic to function with an aftermarket receiver? anyone know the pinout of the harness? is this doable or is there some form or vw microphone voodoo which will never allow me to make this happen.

if I can't use the factory mic, anyone found a nice stealth location for the aftermarket mic?

thanks! :D

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 sportwagen tdi/nav install questions

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:01 am

1. I don't have a good recommendation off the top of my head, but maybe someone else will chime in.

2. Either antenna should perform the exact same function.

3. I highly recommend not doing this. If you attempt to hardwire it to the kenwood plug and run into audio integrity issues or noise cancellation issues with the microphone, you'll have to repair the wires of the kenwood supplied microphone and install it (which isn't fun, since they're so tiny).
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mdbww
New User

Re: 2014 sportwagen tdi/nav install questions

Post by mdbww » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:34 pm

thanks!

Return to “Volkswagen”