dsr1 usb cable not detected

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
toon van Osch
New User

dsr1 usb cable not detected

Post by toon van Osch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:01 am

hello.
my name is toon van Osch I am from the Netherlands.
a few mounds ago I purchased a dsr1 and I have a proble I want to flash and update the unit but what ever I do it gives me the seem fault usb cable not detected I tried it on my desktop pc and tried it on my laptop and on every usb port I have and stil noting. I dit every ting al of the steps and noting works, even the update software from Rockford fosgate dose not recognize the unit so I do not no what els to do.

please help.

kind regards Toon van Osch

billr
ADS Team

Re: dsr1 usb cable not detected

Post by billr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:59 am

a couple things to make sure of:
Do not have the DSR1 plugged into anything except for the USB when flashing. If it's still connected to the vehicle the USB will not be found.
Be sure you are using the USB cable that the DSR1 came with or a cable that is designed for data transfer (like a cell phone cable).
On the Maestro website, make sure you are using the Weblink Desktop program to flash the DSR1.
When using the Weblink Desktop program, make sure the Rockford Fosgate Updater program is not open.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

toon van Osch
New User

Post by toon van Osch » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 pm

thanks for the reply.

I dit have the dsr1 fresh from the box and i used the cable that cam whit it. I had it plugged in both my desktop and my laptop, only running the flashing program i downloaded the weblink active x and i used windows internet explorer. but still get te seem fault usb cable not detected. I even downloaded the usb drivers from the maestro site. Still nothing seem fault.

kind regards

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Are you using the Weblink Desktop program? there will be a little icon on your computers desktop that says Weblink when you hover over it.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Weblink Updater”