2007 Tundra Limited JBL Nav Camera

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
aztrend
New User

2007 Tundra Limited JBL Nav Camera

Post by aztrend » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:19 pm

I installed a Kenwood DDX8906S with Maestro RR a few weeks ago. Everything seemed to be working well until this week when all of a sudden the sound stopped while I was driving. I turned off the car and started it again, but no change. After I parked the car for an hour or so (while in a restaurant) it worked when I got back in the car. It usually happens after I have driven a few miles then it usually doesn't come back on again during the drive. When I have parked the truck for a while it seems fix it, temporarily. When the sound cuts out the radio seems to keep working fine (volume control can be see, equalizer is moving, sourced can be changed, backup camera works, etc.) just no sound. Before I put in the new stereo, the amp was working fine so I don't have reason to believe it is bad now, although it could be. I'm thinking it's either the Maestro unit or the Kenwood head unit. Any suggestions?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2007 Tundra Limited JBL Nav Camera

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:41 am

I have a test firmware that the engineer just came out with last week that improves the stability of the JBL amp, if you'd like to try it. It's already sent to your account. To get it, hit 'flash your module', select 'flash by user firmware', then you will see 'ADS-RR(SR)-TOY01-DS Amplifier Test v1 (512) 3.2'. Select that firmware, proceed with the flash and give it a try. Please let us know how it works out for you.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

aztrend
New User

Re: 2007 Tundra Limited JBL Nav Camera

Post by aztrend » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'll give it a try in a couple of days when I get some time and let you know how it goes.

Return to “Toyota”