Maestro with EU Pioneer AVIC-Z810DAB

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
dub0021
New User

Maestro with EU Pioneer AVIC-Z810DAB

Post by dub0021 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:33 am

Hello,

I have a 2014 VW GLI it has the fender system, backup camera, and full steering wheel controls. Since I live in Spain I am looking at installing a Pioneer AVIC-Z810(820/910/920)DAB head unit, and want to retain all of my stock features. However I do not see my radio listed on your page of compatible radios however my research tells me that these are just simply nothing more than the European versions of the AVIC-7xxxNEX/8xxxNEX head units. I am wanting to know if it is possible to use your product with the unit I am looking at purchasing?
The unit has the data port on the rear for the Maestro to plug into.

Link to description of Head-unit from pioneer-car.eu: https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avic-z920dab

Thank You!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro with EU Pioneer AVIC-Z810DAB

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am

It is not possible to use a European radio with the Maestro product line. Because our partnership is only with Pioneer North America, the European radios do not have the firmware loaded in them that is necessary to make the iDatalink features work.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”