Clarification on wiring diagram for 2015 tacoma + Kenwood DNR476S

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
lil_buddy
New User

Clarification on wiring diagram for 2015 tacoma + Kenwood DNR476S

Post by lil_buddy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

The wiring diagram makes it seem like the blue/green striped wire coming off the steering wheel control cable is electrically connected to the radio, but no indication as to how. I believe that wire can simply be removed from the connector, but am uncertain. It seems like there is some possibility that it should be connected to the
blue/yellow striped wire labeled " REMOTE CONT" on the main harness since the Kenwood manual says this wire is for steering wheel controls.

The diagram shows wires that go unconnected on the main radio harness; it looks totally different.

It would be really helpful if there was consistent notation across the whole wiring diagram for wires to be spliced and unused wires.

Attaching link my notes on the confusing parts of the wiring diagram provided by idatalink.

Chris LaRoche

Re: Clarification on wiring diagram for 2015 tacoma + Kenwood DNR476S

Post by Chris LaRoche » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at the diagram you posted and the radio you list (DNR476S). The ADS-RR(SR)-TOY01-DS-IG-EN guide is what we need and can be found when you flash the module or here. This will allow full functionality of your radio allowing RR to do steering wheel controls, gauges, etc. as applicable in your vehicle. The guide you have, if you look at the center bottom of the page is a -AS-IG-EN version, which won't work with your radio.

Using the -DS guide, you'll notice the area you have labeled "Connected?" is replaced by a single black data cable and a 3.5mm audio jack cable from the RR to the back of your Kenwood radio. Plug the 4 pin data cable into both radio and RR. The 3.5mm cable goes into the Kenwood aux in and other end to the RR.

The dot vs no dot part is indicating where two wires are simply connected together, like would happen between the Kenwood harness and the RR harness. If we aren't showing where that connection is made, there's no dot and you would want to refer to the wire charts on the following pages to identify and test/make those connections.

Let us know if you have any further questions!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

lil_buddy
New User

Post by lil_buddy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

I am so glad I posted!

I would have been so screwed if I had followed that first diagram.

Thank you!

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Glad to help!

I also noticed I overlooked the top note. You are correct, the amp adapter harness in your photo is not used other than to get the RCA ends to wire up as shown. Those will be connected to the white and gray pairs of speaker wires.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Toyota”