Towncountry'14 backup camera picture in the dvd play

rastosk
New User

Towncountry'14 backup camera picture in the dvd play

Post by rastosk » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:48 am

Hello, i have finnished yestrday my wiring in town and coutry 2014 getting switch power from switched lighter socket the one on the left in the drawer. Everythink works great with Maestro RR even sound is way better then stock deck.
But having major issues using harness Maestro HRN-RR-CH1 and HRN-AV-CH1. When i play DVD my back up camera is sending image to the screen seams like interference. Also when video is playing and i turn to reverse i see in backroung shades from the movie that is on the dvd playing. My camera is hooked up to the avch1 harness to camera out video out. out at my Kenwood Excelon DDX6906S.
Does anyone had this issues? If so how did you solved it.
Thank you

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Towncountry'14 backup camera picture in the dvd play

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 am

You may try taking the RCAs on the AV-CH1 harness and sort of spreading them out so they're not so tangled/in close proximity to each other. If the RCAs twist, cross each other or run really close, there is potential for the signal to bleed over.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rastosk
New User

Post by rastosk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 am

they are all seperated I have removed thetape from the harness but still same issues.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 am

If you unplug the backup camera rca from the radio and you have the video playing, do you see the backup camera image on the dvd screen when you go into reverse?

If you unplug the video cable for the DVD (with the dvd playing) and put the van in reverse, do you see the dvd image on the backup camera screen?

I'm wondering if the radio is causing the issue...
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

rastosk
New User

Post by rastosk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:24 am

billr wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 am
If you unplug the backup camera rca from the radio and you have the video playing, do you see the backup camera image on the dvd screen when you go into reverse?

If you unplug the video cable for the DVD (with the dvd playing) and put the van in reverse, do you see the dvd image on the backup camera screen?

I'm wondering if the radio is causing the issue...
No pictures. Tried again tonight same problem. Drives me crazy! I can't even update firmware as well.

Return to “CH1 radio replacement solution”