Flashing Maestro RR with Alpine "Others with Bluetooth"

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
cboonh
New User

Flashing Maestro RR with Alpine "Others with Bluetooth"

Post by cboonh » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:47 am

Hi,

I'm trying to retain the factory amp and steering wheel control for a 2016 Subaru Forester XT with Factory Harman Kardon Sound System It's a non-US vehicle, specifically Singapore, the same variants as the Australian market vehicles.

I've purchased the Maestro RR and the SU2 bundle in hopes of integrating the car with a Alpine F309E Halo9 unit. When flashing the Maestro RR, i was not able to enter the appropriate serial number. I understand from searching the forums that this is due to the fact that idatalink only support North America's Alpine units.

I also saw in earlier posts that overseas folks could alternatively select the option of "Alpine - Others with bluetooth" to overcome the serial number challenge. However, I was unable to find this option on both the weblink updater, nor the desktop version. Is this option still available? Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Flashing Maestro RR with Alpine "Others with Bluetooth"

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 am

This will not work. At this time, the only firmware that exists for these cars is for iDatalink compatible radios. In order for our interface to work, you would have to actually have a North American iDatalink compatible radio. There is no way to trick it into working, because you would need a radio that actually has an iDatalink port for us to communicate with it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”