2012 Ford Raptor

Axshun
New User

2012 Ford Raptor

Post by Axshun » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Good Evening,

I recently purchased a 2012 Ford Raptor with either MFT/SYNC 1/ Sony Upgrade with factory Navigation.

I am wanting to upgrade the components and add android Auto. It is my understanding to add Android Auto you would have to replace the head unit which i understand is the 8 inch screen shown below.
I would like to:

Retain:
both front and rear cameras (front camera only comes on in off road mode under 15mph presently)
steering wheel controls
Temperature an direction
sirius XM using the factory system and antenna (if possible)
Climate controls
(basically all the factory stuff it does now)

Add:(for clarificaion of what Im trying to accomplish)
android auto
4 channel amp
mono sub amp
New subs and speakers

After weeks of reading different things is that the Maestro RR can accomplish this.

Is there anything I am missing or that it cannot do? I am also willing to test new features and be a beta with a unit i will purchase.

Thank you in advance. I hope i didn't come off rude just trying to be clear.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Ford Raptor

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:47 am

What radio are you planning on installing? You would need to use an iDatalink compatible radio, one of the models listed here: https://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios

The maestro RR and FO1 harness would be what you would use in this case. We do not do front camera retention on this platform; I don't think we have ever seen a FO1 platform vehicle with this option before. Did you add this aftermarket?

OEM Satellite cannot be retained in this truck; it is built into the OEM radio, so it will be removed when you take out the radio.

Otherwise, yes, everything you listed should be do-able. The one thing to note is: in order to get climate display on the radio, you will need to disconnect the OEM climate panel. Once we detect there is no other climate controller on the data bus, we will then allow climate to come through on the radio.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Axshun
New User

Post by Axshun » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:42 am

What radio are you planning on installing? You would need to use an iDatalink compatible radio, one of the models listed here: https://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios
Kenwood Excelon DDX8906S

The maestro RR and FO1 harness would be what you would use in this case. We do not do front camera retention on this platform; I don't think we have ever seen a FO1 platform vehicle with this option before. Did you add this aftermarket? No it comes with the Truck https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/ ... amera.html

OEM Satellite cannot be retained in this truck; it is built into the OEM radio, so it will be removed when you take out the radio.

Can i use the antenna already on the truck with SAT01

Otherwise, yes, everything you listed should be do-able. The one thing to note is: in order to get climate display on the radio, you will need to disconnect the OEM climate panel. Once we detect there is no other climate controller on the data bus, we will then allow climate to come through on the radio.

Disconnect The buttons that are on the panel below the radio ?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:25 pm

For the front camera- we don't currently retain it, but we likely can get it going for you with a test firmware.

Yes, you can use the existing antenna with the SAT1 and an aftermarket sat tuner.

Yes, you will disconnect the climate buttons from the truck. At that point, we will be able to show climate on the radio screen.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”