2012 Focus Titanium w/ sony sound, steering wheel controls not matching up & one more thing...

Loosemg
New User

2012 Focus Titanium w/ sony sound, steering wheel controls not matching up & one more thing...

Post by Loosemg » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:13 am

I just replaced my dead factory APIM/stereo with a Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX, using an FOC1 dash kit & RR w/ ADS-RR(SR)-FOR02-DS. Everything's working great, with a couple large exceptions.

1, when flashing the RR, the only steering wheel choice in the UI didn't exactly match the existing controls on my wheel. All the button positions are the same, but the exact buttons differ slightly. I selected them based on positions but the left & right arrows, which are the seek/track select buttons on mine, aren't working. Also, the voice activation paddle does nothing.

2, active park assist, which worked, even after the old unit died, no longer works. The factory proximity warning tones have been replaced by tones from the new head unit and while they work when reversing, they don't activate with active park assist anymore. Also, when trying to access the sensor display through the C2550NEX, it's greyed out & can't be selected.

Did I miss something in programming or is there something in addition to the installation wiring diagram that needs to be connected/disconnected?

Thanks in advance!

Loosemg
New User

Re: 2012 Focus Titanium w/ sony sound, steering wheel controls not matching up & one more thing...

Post by Loosemg » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Update: I was able to reprogram the RR, to rearrange the steering wheel controls, so they're working properly. Now, just the park assist issue remains.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Focus Titanium w/ sony sound, steering wheel controls not matching up & one more thing...

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:19 am

I'm so sorry for the delayed reply- we are looking into this today.

Update: It seems we do not have the parking assist messages in our database for the 2012-2014 Focus, which is why it's grayed out and they're not working. We are trying to locate a vehicle so we can research it and get the firmware updated. As soon as I've got an update, I'll let you know here.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Loosemg
New User

Post by Loosemg » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm

That'd be great, I appreciate the update!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Follow-up question from the engineer- Can you take a video of you using the parking assist, with it not working? If we can see a video of the cluster and radio while it's not working, that will help us to better understand exactly what we're missing.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “FO2 radio replacement solution”