Can't get OBDII to work on Ford E450

robertk
New User

Can't get OBDII to work on Ford E450

Post by robertk » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 pm

I have a 2010 Ford E450 RV and I am installing a Pioneer AVH-2400 head unit. I'm using the F01 harness and the Maestro RR unit. I have flashed the Maesto unit and reset it once I put it into the truck. The radio powers on and all the functions work with the exception of being able to get data from the OBDII. I have flashed the Maestro, checked the data cable with my multimeter, with no success. I get the error message on the radio "Maestro Setup Platform Selection. Turn key to ON position for VIN detection." I have done that, but no luck. I have reset the Maestro and I do not get the blinking red LED, so I know it is working. I've tried a new Maestro RR and a new radio, but still do not get the unit to get past that error message. When I disconnect the data cable, I get the error message ":Function is unavailable because of Maestro is disconnected. Please check connection with Maestro" so I know I am getting a good connection when the cable is attached. The plug to the OBDII is connected. I called technical support, and tried to trouble shoot with the suggestions they gave me. I've tested everything, but I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Please help. Thank you.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Can't get OBDII to work on Ford E450

Post by billr » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:02 am

At the OBD2 connector, is it just the OBD2 connector with the wires coming out the back or is it more to it, like a box that the OBD2 is attached to?
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

robertk
New User

Post by robertk » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:44 am

If I understand your question correctly, the two wires that come out of the OBDII connector go into the Maestro interface unit. There is nothing between the connector and the interface module.

robertk
New User

Post by robertk » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:51 am

Bill, In rereading your inquiry and doing some more research, the wires coming out of the back of the OBD2 connector go into the vehicle's main wiring harness. I thought that maybe there was a Gateway module, but there is not. Hope that clarifies.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 am

you can test the two wires individually you are attached to at the OBD2 for DC voltage. The CAN H wire (Pin 6) should give you voltage of a little over 2.5 volts and the CAN L wire (Pin 14) should give you voltage of a little lower than 2.5 volts.
another possibility is since it's a RV chassis they might have moved that information from the OBD2 harness to someplace else and that is why we are not seeing the info.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

robertk
New User

Post by robertk » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks, I'll check that tonight. I am sure there are others using this setup in their RV. I am surprised that no one else has encountered an issue.

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”