F150 Problems after 3 trouble free years

F150Carp
New User

F150 Problems after 3 trouble free years

Post by F150Carp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Something has gone terribly wrong with my radio. 2013 F150 XL. Installed Kenwood DNX773S and Maestro iDatalink ADS-MRR 3 years ago, almost to the day. Brilliant system. Now something is amiss:

1) Start the truck in the morning- everything works. Get to work, shut off truck open door, radio shuts off.
After work, radio won't come on. Radio power button won't turn it on. Red flashing light indicated power to radio. 15 minutes into trip home, radio works as always.

2) Radio won't turn off with key out, door open. Dome lights are fine. Neither door will shut off the radio. Manually turn off radio and walk away. Next morning, radio won't automatically turn on. But a power button push will work. Leave truck for weekend, battery dead.

3) Whatever the problem is, if I disconnect the battery, its fixed!

Replaced the delay relay. Dealer just replaced the instrument cluster ($900). New battery. New alternator. Still same issues with radio.

4) Maybe unrelated, in vehicle status screen showing tire pressures and battery voltage, drivers door is yellow. Not sure what this is supposed to indicate. Door open sensor is working properly. Dome lights and chimes work as they should.

Hoping someone knows the answer to this one.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: F150 Problems after 3 trouble free years

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Have you ever updated the firmware on either the RR or the radio itself? What is the LED on the RR doing when the vehicle is on and the radio should be powered up? When did the dealership replace the cluster in relationship to your issue, and what if anything else was done?

If no updates have been done to the radio or the Maestro since it was originally installed, I would definitely recommend starting there.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

F150Carp
New User

Post by F150Carp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Can you/someone remind me how to update firmware on the Maestro or point to a link? Trying to recall, is it plugged into a computer or can I do it on the vehicle? Radio I know how to do. Instructions don't say, but I'm pretty sure the jump drive MUST be formatted by a windows computer.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am

Unplug the RR completely, you can either take it out and connect it to your computer or leave it in the vehicle, just need to have the RR unplugged besides the USB cable to flash it. Go to our website to flash it. Here's a video on how you do it:

https://youtu.be/dJhkrrJVaEo
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”