RR 2012 F150 no power to head unit after battery is disconnected/reconnected

Rolader
New User

RR 2012 F150 no power to head unit after battery is disconnected/reconnected

Post by Rolader » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Installed RR in 2012 F150 with a JVC KW-M740BT head unit a couple of weeks ago. It seems that anytime I disconnect the battery to work on the truck, the RR stops sending power to the HU. First time it happened, I ripped everything out, tested wiring, bench tested HU, reflashed RR, and eventually it started working. I assumed it might have been related to not confirming radio settings on initial power up, b/c I noticed that the HU came seemed to come on the first time I started truck after battery reconnect, but if I didn’t confirm HU settings on the first power up, it would never come on again. But now I’ve been working on the truck again, disconnect/reconnect battery and nothing. I’ve reflashed (both with battery connected and without) and left it disconnected for 15 minutes, and I can’t get it to power up. I’d really not have to rip everything out again as it’s such a PITA, so if y’all have any ideas on what might be going on, I’m all ears. Thanks!

billr
ADS Team

Re: RR 2012 F150 no power to head unit after battery is disconnected/reconnected

Post by billr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:54 am

You will need to get back to the RR and look at the LED light on it to see if it's flashing red or not when you turn the key on. If it's not flashing anything I would recommend resetting the RR by unplugging all the connectors from it, hold down the reset button of the side, while holding down the button plug in the 3 pin power cord (Red, Yellow, Black wires) and wait till you see then led start flashing red, then release the button and plug in the rest of the connectors. Turn the key on, you may have to go through the learn routine again.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”