2013 Ford Escape Parking Assist Music Volume hiccup

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
billr
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Ford Escape Parking Assist Music Volume hiccup

Post by billr »

i may have mis-spoke about the sequence, turn the radio to the Off position (where it's still lit up) then get the sensors beeping, then turn the volume control up/down to adjust the volume of the beeps.
if it's still not adjusting can you take a video of it and send it to me? (you can link it here or you can send it directly to our email (maestro.support@idatalink.com)).
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man »

To be thorough, I reflashed the unit this morning. I an now able to adjust the chimes. Only concern now is the loud pop when the sensors turn on. Thanks!

Hocuspocusfocus
New User

Post by Hocuspocusfocus »

I have this same problem with the loud volume levels associated with reverse sensors but it is happening on a 2016 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback with Sony with subwoofer.

Can this problem damage my speakers in any way?

Hocuspocusfocus
New User

I just flash my DSR1 for my Focus with the Ford edge firmware for florin mentioned in this post. I have same results as original poster. It has definitely removed the loud audio after reversing and resuming vehicle in drive.
There is still a slightly higher than normal audio beep when in reverse mode and sensors begin to alert BUT with this flash, the initial loud audio noise when in reverse is much much lower than any other firmware I have used for the focus specific firmware selection.
Maybe engineering can just completely mute out the reverse sensor audio, I'd be fine with that and prefer not to have the audio as I can see the back when reversing anyways.
Some vehicles do this already from factory where its just a camera an no sensors because why have redundant stuff right?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Some of the remaining issues with volume and popping are issues with the architecture of the firmware on the RF board. They have to re-work their firmware to alter the timing of the switching to alleviate this. At this point, we've done just about all we can do.

The engineer that codes this firmware is on paternity leave, so it will likely be a few weeks (when he returns) before we can address this with any other beta firmwares.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Hocuspocusfocus
New User

Ah paternity leave. Having kids myself, I hope the engineer enjoyed the last few precious weeks of a full nights sleep lol. Hopefully when they come back from paternity leave they’ll be ready to tackle this issue. If you happen to know the engineer, let them know congrats on behalf of poster on forum.

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man »

A big congratulations for the father! I miss my young ones being babies. No problem at all on the wait, you guys fixed the largest issue and I appreciate it.

Thank you.

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man »

Happy new year! I hope everything is going great there. I'm just checking in on any other updates regarding the pop, and music complete cut out when the sensors take over. On the factory DSP, the music volume turns down while sensors or navigation are on, but is still present and then turns back up. It's a very smooth transition. With the DSR1, it is a very blunt cutout pop, sensors do their thing, then the music comes back on to normal volume. I usually know when the sensors will go off and instead just turn them off, but would not like for that to be the solution. I will try and get a video sent to you soon, as you may be listening for something else, and hopefully you will know what to try.

Again, I must say from a listening stand point, your team has produced something that allows me to completely upgrade my stereo system to something im completely happy with. Just a few bugs away from it being flawless. Thanks guys.
Nick D

Return to “Maestro DSR1”